Tuesday 11 March 2014

Turkish style pizza

Rightio, first off, the original recipe used lamb but I don't much like it so I switched to beef. Nothing to do with ethical issues, I just never had it as a kid (excuse the pun) and never acquired a taste for it so it's a bit strong for my liking so I always just swap beef for lamb. Secondly, as I got part way through this I realised something was missing -salt! The original recipe I found was just spiced meat in a tomato paste on the wrap and while that's good and healthy it meant the dish lacked balance. So I made a last minute addition of some crumbled feta, giving it the creamy, fresh saltiness that balances the dry, spicy meat and the crispy nutty wholemeal wrap.


Ingredients:
2 wholemeal tortilla wraps
250g extra lean beef mince
1/2 ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
Pinch cinnamon
2 cloves garlic crushed
4tbsp tomato purée
1tsp lime juice
10-15 drops Tabasco sauce
6-8 chopped cherry tomatoes
1tbsp chopped fresh mint
1tbsp chopped fresh basil
1/2 pack feta cheese crumbled



Method:
1. Preheat oven to 220*C
2. Dry fry mince in a non stick frying pan breaking up into crumbled bits
3. Add the spices and cook out on a low heat
4. Add the tomato paste, lime and Tabasco
5. Add the chopped tomatoes and mint. Cook gently until the tomato juices evaporate
6. Spray foil with fry light and lay on a wrap
7. Divide the mince between the two wraps and spread out
8. Bake for 10 mins
9. Crumble over the feta and sprinkle with the chopped basil and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment