Friday 16 August 2013

Day 3 - Chinese Style Salmon and Rice Salad

This has got to be one of the easiest things I've made in a while.  I'd cooked extra rice the night before and cooled it quick and refridgerated it straight away.


INGREDIENTS:
2 salmon fillets
6-8 tbsp teriyaki marinade (yes from a bottle I know it's cheating but I know I can't do it better)
leftover basmati rice cold
1/2 cup frozen sweetcorn
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 red pepper de-seeded and diced
2 spring onions split down the middle and chopped fine
small handful of basil leaves finely chopped
Soy Sauce to taste

METHOD:
1) Place salmon fillets in ovenproof dish, pour over the marinade and clingfilm and place in the fridge for the day.
2)  Pre-heat oven to 200*C
3) Remove cling film from dish and bake salmon in the oven for 20 minutes
4) mix the rice together with the other ingredients
5) Pile up the rice on the plate and top with the hot salmon
6) Drizzle over soy sauce to taste
7) Enjoy!

Typical - I went a bit overboard on the soy but it was still darn tasty.  Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment